HRMI is a Sri Lankan institution of higher education located in Colombo and providing a variety of courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level. We work with Pearson UK, and University of Northampton - UK in delivering our courses.
Today, HRMI offers its own qualifications ‘Quality assured by Pearson’ at undergraduate and post graduate levels in addition to Pearson BTEC Level 5 and Level 7 Higher National and Post Graduate Diplomas (QCF – UK).
In addition HRMI offers a range of courses at Certificate, Diploma and Managerial Diploma levels, all of which are Assured by Pearson and the Sri Lanka national tertiary education quality assurance authority, Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission (TVEC) Sri Lanka.
HRMI is considered the fastest growing Pearson BTEC Centre in Colombo and the recipient of the Pearson’s award, from year 2013 to date for Overall High Performance, reflecting Academic Excellence, Student Satisfaction and Growth.
The Quality Management System at HRMI has been certified by SGS UK and compliant with ISO 9001 -2008. We have also adopted the UK Quality Code for Higher Education (QAA UK standards) as stipulated by The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education. We have been consistently rated as fully compliant with Pearson Assured Quality Standards in the years 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012.
The promoters of HRMI have over 25 years of experience in education and corporate training. They have been retained by over 300 leading corporations in Asia and command a very high reputation for their quality of teaching and training. This results in excellent networking that helps in securing training and employment opportunities for students and for promoting the Brand in the corporate sector.
Our Vision is to create a life-changing impact for our students. We want them to be self-reliant, socially responsible and respected individuals. We want our students to be enabled, empowered and endowed with qualifications they would treasure for life. For those who wish to make a difference, we shall be the wellspring for scholastic and holistic development.
We envision HRMI to be a great place to work where each individual is inspired to be the best they can be.
We strengthen our strengths by partnering with renowned and respected institutions of learning whilst creating mutual, enduring value.
We strive to be a change maker and an active participant in building and supporting our communities. To our shareowners, we shall contribute a healthy long-term return whilst being mindful of our overall responsibilities.
Our Mission: ‘Enabling & Inspiring Individuals to make a Difference’
Our Values drives our actions and defines what we stand for in our quest to achieve our Vision & Mission.
- Take the Lead: The courage to change and shape a better future
- Raise the Bar - Pursue excellence, innovate, change, re-invent & evolve
- Be Honest – Being ethical, transparent & equitable
- Always Caring – Being compassionate, considerate & concerned
- Create Value - Transforming lives beyond transactions
- Collaborate: Leverage & synergize sustainable partnerships
In association with University of Northampton, UK
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Arts (MA) in Human Resource Management
- Master of Science (MSc) in Corporate Governance and Leadership
- Bachelor of Arts (BA Hons) in Business and Management
- Bachelor of Arts (BA Hons) in International Tourism Management
In association with Pearson BTEC UK
- BTEC Level 7 - Extended Diploma in Strategic Management & Leadership
- BTEC Level 5 HND in Business - Management
- BTEC Level 5 HND in Business – Human Resource Management
- Pearson Dual BTEC Level 5 - HND in Engineering
In association with Pearson UK
- Pearson Assured Managerial Diploma in Strategy and Innovation
- Pearson Assured Managerial Diploma in Business Management
- Pearson Assured Managerial Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Pearson Assured Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Pearson Assured Advanced Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Pearson Assured Executive Certificate in Training of Trainers
- Pearson Assured Certificate in Human Resource Management and Psychology
Why Study at Human Resource Management Institute?
- ALL courses conducted by HRMI are Assured by Pearson Edexcel UK and therefore internationally respected and recognised.
- HRMI is the ONLY Institution in Sri Lanka which conducts Internationally Recognised Human Resource Management courses.
- ALL HRMI courses are directly linked to Pearson BTEC qualifications and students have a clear pathway to qualify with Bachelors (BA / BSc) and Masters Degrees.
- The Universities we work with have a distinguished history of over 150 years and highly ranked, respected and unblemished.
- All HRMI courses confirm to the highest local and international academic standards. We don’t compromise on content and duration. All our courses comply with Pearson- UK International Quality Standards.
- Our Master's Degrees take one full year for Coursework and one full year for Research in conformity to the highest academic standards at Level 7 in the UK Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF)
- Our Bachelor’s Degrees take three years. We don’t claim our Diplomas or Higher National Diplomas as equivalent to Degrees.
- Our Diplomas for school leavers take 18 months or 400 learning hours in accordance to international standards.
Our Diploma students have a seamless progression pathway to a Degree.
- Our Diplomas for experienced or otherwise qualified individuals take 12 months for coursework and 3 months for research.
- Our Lead Partner Pearson Edexcel is UK’s largest awarding institution offering academic and vocational qualifications. Edexcel is owned by Pearson, the leading education company in the world.
- We strongly adhere to uncompromising ethical standards by only collaborating with reputed academic partners, offering trusted and dependable qualifications.
- We are committed to supporting students in their academic and professional progression, career advancement, personality and character development.
- We work with a network of reputed organizations to enable our students to acquire practical experience through a well-designed programme of internship training. We thereafter assist our students to be professionally employed.
- Our faculty consists of highly respected and qualified management professionals & renowned academics.
- Our processes and services are subjected to stringent quality standards and regularly reviewed by local and foreign assessors.
- HRMI has been assessed and certified as meeting the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 International Quality Standards by SGS United Kingdom.
- We have plenty of student engagement activities. These include sports, recreation and talent development events.
- We have a well-stocked library and a pleasant Wi-Fi enabled study environment.
- Our campus is modern, spacious and clean with ample car parking facilities.
- We provide very convenient instalment payment plans to ease students.
Professional HR education, HR internship training and employment for school leavers and young graduates.Career transition to HR Management for those already employed and desire change.Continuing education for professional managers to achieve competency development and career advancement.