HRMI is a Sri Lankan institution of higher education located in Colombo and providing a variety of courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level. We partner with Pearson UK, University of Northampton - UK and Metropolia University of Applied Sciences - Finland in delivering our courses.
Today, HRMI offers its own qualifications ‘Quality assured by Pearson’ at undergraduate and post graduate levels in addition to Pearson BTEC Level 5 and Level 7 Higher National and Post Graduate Diplomas (QCF – UK). We also teach, assess and deliver the course content of Business related Bachelors and Masters Degrees offered by the University of Northampton, UK. With Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Finland, HRMI will be launching a Master’s degree in Health Business Management in June 2017.
In addition HRMI offers a range of courses at Certificate, Diploma and Managerial Diploma levels, all of which are Assured by Pearson and the Sri Lanka national tertiary education quality assurance authority, Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission (TVEC) Sri Lanka.
HRMI is considered the fastest growing Pearson BTEC Centre in Colombo and the recipient of the Pearson’s award, from year 2013 to date for Overall High Performance, reflecting Academic Excellence, Student Satisfaction and Growth.
The Quality Management System at HRMI has been certified by SGS UK and compliant with ISO 9001 -2008. We have also adopted the UK Quality Code for Higher Education (QAA UK standards) as stipulated by The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education. We have been consistently rated as fully compliant with Pearson Assured Quality Standards in the years 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012.
The promoters of HRMI have over 25 years of experience in education and corporate training. They have been retained by over 300 leading corporations in Asia and command a very high reputation for their quality of teaching and training. This results in excellent networking that helps in securing training and employment opportunities for students and for promoting the Brand in the corporate sector.
Our Vision :
- The VISION of HRMI is to be a 'Centre of Excellence for Globally Recognised Management Education' where students are facilitated to achieve academic progression, professional development and career advancement together with accessibility to international qualifications.
Our Mission :
- 'Develop the next generation of Business Leaders in Sri Lanka' by bringing together professionals, the academia and global qualifications.
Our Objectives :
- Design, develop and deliver professional Management courses of international repute to enable individuals to embark on a Management career
- Facilitate continuing professional development of existing management practitioners to enable them to function more effectively in their current and future roles
- Develop HR practitioners to perform a strategic partner role as human capital developers, primary drivers of productivity and employee advocates in organisations
- Facilitate 'total development of young students' by assisting them with securing opportunities for internship training and employment whilst coaching them to develop personality, language proficiency and related IT skills
In association with University of Northampton, UK
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Arts (MA) in Human Resource Management
- Master of Science (MSc) in Corporate Governance and Leadership
- Bachelor of Arts (BA Hons) in Business and Management
- Bachelor of Arts (BA Hons) in International Tourism Management
In association with Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Master of Health Business Management (MBA)
In association with Pearson BTEC UK
- BTEC Level 7 - Extended Diploma in Strategic Management & Leadership
- BTEC Level 5 HND in Business - Management
- BTEC Level 5 HND in Business – Human Resource Management
In association with Pearson UK
- Pearson Assured Managerial Diploma in Strategy and Innovation
- Pearson Assured Managerial Diploma in Business Management
- Pearson Assured Managerial Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Pearson Assured Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Pearson Assured Advanced Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Pearson Assured Executive Certificate in Training of Trainers
- Pearson Assured Certificate in Human Resource Management and Psychology
Why Study at Human Resource Management Institute?
- ALL courses conducted by HRMI are Assured by Pearson Edexcel UK and therefore internationally respected and recognised.
- HRMI is the ONLY Institution in Sri Lanka which conducts Internationally Recognised Human Resource Management courses.
- ALL HRMI courses are directly linked to Pearson Edexcel BTEC qualifications and students have a clear pathway to qualify with Bachelors (BA / BSc) and Masters Degrees.
- Our University Partners, have a distinguished history of over 150 years and highly ranked, respected and unblemished. University of Derby is ranked 37 and University of Northampton is ranked 42 for Business, Management and Marketing by The Guardian UK.
- All HRMI courses confirm to the highest local and international academic standards. We don’t compromise on content and duration. All our courses comply with Pearson Edexcel International Quality Standards.
- Our Master's Degrees take one full year for Coursework and one full year for Research in conformity to the highest academic standards at Level 7 in the UK Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF)
- Our Bachelor’s Degrees take three years. We don’t claim our Diplomas or Higher National Diplomas as equivalent to Degrees.
- Our Diplomas for school leavers take 18 months or 400 learning hours in accordance to international standards.
Our Diploma students have a seamless progression pathway to a Degree.
- Our Diplomas for experienced or otherwise qualified individuals take 12 months for coursework and 3 months for research.
- Our Lead Partner Pearson Edexcel is UK’s largest awarding institution offering academic and vocational qualifications. Edexcel is owned by Pearson, the leading education company in the world.
- We strongly adhere to uncompromising ethical standards by only collaborating with reputed academic partners, offering trusted and dependable qualifications.
- We are committed to supporting students in their academic and professional progression, career advancement, personality and character development.
- We work with a network of reputed organizations to enable our students to acquire practical experience through a well-designed programme of internship training. We thereafter assist our students to be professionally employed.
- Our faculty consists of highly respected and qualified management professionals & renowned academics.
- Our processes and services are subjected to stringent quality standards and regularly reviewed by local and foreign assessors.
- HRMI has been assessed and certified as meeting the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 International Quality Standards by SGS United Kingdom.
- We have plenty of student engagement activities. These include sports, recreation and talent development events.
- We have a well-stocked library and a pleasant Wi-Fi enabled study environment.
- Our campus is modern, spacious and clean with ample car parking facilities.
- We provide very convenient instalment payment plans to ease students.
Professional HR education, HR internship training and employment for school leavers and young graduates.Career transition to HR Management for those already employed and desire change.Continuing education for professional managers to achieve competency development and career advancement.