Degree Foundation Programme
Tourism is the fastest growing business sector in the world. Sri Lanka continues to emerge as one of the world’s best tourist destinations. Lonely Planet, National Geographic Traveler,British Airways and several global Travel Magazines have repeatedly featured Sri Lanka amongst the world’s best and must-see locations.
With the anticipated increase in inbound tourists; the travel, tourism and hospitality sectors will experience an exponential growth and a major demand for human resources at all levels. Some of the biggest international hotels including Shangri-La, Hyatt Regency, Marriott, Movenpick, Sheraton, Marino Sands, ITC Hotels, Cinnamon Life and Suncity Business Hotels are already marking their presence in Colombo.
This expansion in the global and local tourism industry will provide thousands of employment and migration opportunities for qualified Tourism and Hospitality management professionals. This course leading to a Bachelor’s Degree in International Tourism Management provides the knowledge required to seek employment in Travel, Tourism and Hospitality sectors.
- Introduction to Tourism
- Employment Opportunities in the Tourism Industry
- Why people travel?
- What attracts Tourists?
- Types of Tourism
- Tourist Destinations
- Special Interest Tourism
- Factors Affecting Tourism
- Introduction to Management
- Theories of Leadership & Motivation
- Skills of Communication & Team Development
- Insights into Marketing
- Understanding Finance in Management
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS :
G.C.E. (O/L) 6 passes with Mathematics & English
COMMENCEMENT : Saturday, 27th January 2018
MEDIUM : English
SCHEDULE : 8.45 am to 1.30 pm
DURATION : 4 Months
Registration fee Rs. 5,000 +
Course fee : Rs. 30,000 (Payable in 3 installments) = Rs. 10,000 per Installment OR Full payment : Rs. 28,500
(Subject to 2% NBT)
PROGRESSION PATHWAY :
Direct Enrolment to :
- BA (Hons) Business and Management Degree - Awarded by University of Northampton, UK
- BA (Hons) International Tourism Management Degree - Awarded by University of Northampton, UK
- Pearson – UK BTEC Level 5 – Higher National Diploma in Business - Management - HRM
Information : Please call 077 2204101 / 071 2724425