Degree Foundation Programme
Tourism is the fastest growing business sector in the world. Sri Lanka continues to emerge as one of the world’s best tourist destinations. Lonely Planet, National Geographic Traveler,British Airways and several global Travel Magazines have repeatedly featured Sri Lanka amongst the world’s best and must-see locations.
With the anticipated increase in inbound tourists; the travel, tourism and hospitality sectors will experience an exponential growth and a major demand for human resources at all levels. Some of the biggest international hotels including Shangri-La, Hyatt Regency, Marriott, Movenpick, Sheraton, Marino Sands, ITC Hotels, Cinnamon Life and Suncity Business Hotels are already marking their presence in Colombo.
This expansion in the global and local tourism industry will provide thousands of employment and migration opportunities for qualified Tourism and Hospitality management professionals. This course leading to a Bachelor’s Degree in International Tourism Management provides the knowledge required to seek employment in Travel, Tourism and Hospitality sectors.
Tourism Management Module
- Introduction to Tourism
- Employment Opportunities in the Tourism Industry
- Why people travel?
- What attracts Tourists?
- Types of Tourism
- Tourist Destinations
- Special Interest Tourism
- Factors Affecting Tourism
- Sustainable Tourism
- Insights into Marketing
- Marketing Environment
- Segmentation, Targeting & Positioning
- Advertising, PR & Distribution Channels
- Understanding Finance in Management
- Sources of Finance
- Business Entities in Sri Lanka
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Introduction to Management
- Theories of Leadership & Motivation
- Skills of Communication & Team Development
Entry Requirements :
• G.C.E. (O/L) 6 passes with Mathematics & English OR
• 1 year Work Experience OR
• GCE A/L OR
• Pearson BTEC Level 3
Duration : 4 months
Medium : English
Lecture Schedule : Saturdays from 8.45 am to 1.30 pm
Commencement : 6th July 2019
Assessment Methodology : Assignments , Presentations & Examinations
• Course Registration Fee: Rs. 5,000
Course Fees :
• Option 1: Paid in 4 installments : Rs. 7,500 a month x 4
• Option 2: Paid in Full at the start: Rs. 28,500
Subject to 2% NBT
PROGRESSION PATHWAY :
Immediate progression is available to pursue following courses.
Please speak to Student Counsellors for immediate progression benefits.
• BA (Hons) Business and Management Degree awarded by University of Northampton - UK
• BA(Hons) Human Resource Management Degree awarded by University of Northampton - UK
• BA (Hons) International Tourism Management Degree awarded by University of Northampton - UK
• Pearson – UK BTEC Level 5 – Higher National Diploma in Business - Management
• Pearson – UK BTEC Level 5 – Higher National Diploma in Business - HRM
Information : Please call 077 2204101 / 071 2724425