How to choose a Bachelor’s degree?
In today’s competitive world, a Bachelor’s degree is a must to be employed in a reputed organisation, be it in the private sector or in the public sector. This demand for degrees outside state universities has been exponentially increased with only 8% of A/L students having seats in state universities.
There are many different kind of degree awarding institutions in Sri Lanka today. Amongst these are unscrupulous institutions which award bogus or fake degrees or claim dubious ranking. A Google search could provide many insights into degree ‘mills’ which offer low cost Degree certificates & transcripts.
When embarking on any Degree, a prospective student must establish without a doubt the credentials of the awarding institution and its academic reputation. The esteem & admiration, recognition & respect for a qualification are derived from the awarding institution. The subject coverage, duration of study and depth in learning content are ingredients that make a difference between a respected degree and an ordinary one.
A Bachelor’s Degree course of studies take a minimum of 3 years. A typical Business and Management degree content covers all aspects of management including insights into functional areas in an organisation. Studying a variety of business and management topics provide a broad spectrum of organisational knowledge. This learning will enable a young person to develop competencies required in different functions. The breadth of knowledge in a Business Management Degree undoubtedly provides versatility to enable young graduates to be employed in any function or division in an organisation.
Whilst the entire Degree programme will take 36 months, students are required to successfully complete 15 modules during the first 2 years. On completion of this segment, students will be awarded Pearson Assured International Diploma in Business and Management and thereafter progress to the Final Year for the award of the Bachelor’s Degree (BA – Honours) in Business and Management from University of Northampton.
The University of Northampton - UK
The BA(Hons) Business & Management is awarded by University of Northampton – UK which is recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC) Sri Lanka.
The University of Northampton has been awarded Gold – the highest possible mark – in the UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
The Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) awarded the Gold Mark for Teaching Excellence to the University of Northampton. This is the highest possible mark and reflects the academic excellence and outstanding teaching quality at Northampton. The Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) is the official Ranking scheme developed by the Department for Education in England for recognising teaching and academic standards. Only 42 institutions of higher education out of 140 in UK received the Gold Mark which is valid for 3 years. Northampton is a globally respected and recognised institution of higher learning which has received many awards and honors in recent times. Between 2011 - 16, was shortlisted for ‘Business School of the Year’, top 50 UK University, Most Enterprising University, Most Entrepreneurial University, No. 1 for Student Employability, No. 1 for Research Management, No. 1 for Value Added and No. 1 for Social Enterprise Changemaker Campus status by AshokaU, the world’s largest network of social entrepreneurs.
The official judgement by the Government’s review states:
“Based on the evidence available, the TEF Panel judged that the University of Northampton delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students.”
“It is of the highest quality found in the UK.”
More information : Click: visit UON Website
WHAT IS SPECIAL AT HRMI?
At HRMI, we are committed to supporting students in their academic and professional progression, career advancement, personality and character development. We work closely with a large network of reputed Sri Lankan private sector organizations to enable our students to acquire practical experience through a well-designed programme of internship training. We thereafter assist our students to be professionally employed.
- For each and every student, HRMI offers a dedicated personal tutor to sort out any academic related concerns and provide assignment guidance to make sure that the students are able to independently fulfil the requirements of the course of studies.
- Lecturers are specifically trained to deliver assignment focused teaching
- For every module, Industry experts provide practical management knowhow demanded in assignments. This input is very critical as students lack work experience to answer highly work related assignments.
- HRMI provides guaranteed internships to enable non-working students to experience real-life issues which are useful in doing assignments which involve very practical management scenarios.
- Teaching quality, academic integrity, learning content, assessment criteria and adherence to compliance standards are critical drivers of academic excellence. HRMI has been repeatedly winning the Pearson Award for Academic Excellence in the years 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
MODULES OF STUDY:
- Business & Business Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Human Resource Management
- Management and Operations
- Management Accounting
- Managing a Successful Business Project
- Business Law
- Innovation & Commercialization
- Business Strategy
- Organisational Behaviour
- Developing Individual, Team & Organisation
- Global Business Environment
- Operations & Project Management
- Understand & Leading Change
- Research Project
- Business Project
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
- Accounting and Finance for Managers
- Principles of Marketing Management
- Developing Cross-Cultural Capability
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- GCE (A/L) 2 passes or Pending A/L Results - any Stream with English and Mathematics at O/L OR
- GCE (O/L) with a Degree Foundation Course OR
- Certificate in HRM / Business Management from HRMI / IPM / NIBM OR equivalent OR
- GCE (O/L) with English & Mathematics and 2 years work experience
MEDIUM : English Medium
Sinhala / English - Mixed Medium option is available during year 1 and 2 on Saturdays
DURATION & PAYMENT PLAN :
HRMI Registration Fee: Rs. 12,500
E Library Fee: Rs. 5,000
Part-time Intensive Course:
: 30 Months
Monthly Course Fee
Quarterly Assessment Fee
: Rs. 15,000 (30 Instalments) +
: Rs. 30,000 (10 Instalments)
: Rs. 750,000
Fulltime Intensive Course:
: 24 Months
Monthly Course Fee
Quarterly Assessment Fee
: Rs. 20,000 (24 Instalments) +
: Rs. 33,750 (8 Instalments)
: Rs. 750,000
(All above charges are subject to 2% NBT)
COMMENCEMENT DATES :
FULLTIME BATCH: English Medium : 23rd May 2019
PART TIME BATCH: English Medium : Sunday Batch : 5th May 2019
PART TIME BATCH - Sinhala + English (Mixed) Medium : Saturday : 4th May 2019
INFORMATION : Please call 077 2204101 or 071 2724425