The Business and Management course of studies covers a broad spectrum of knowledge, thus enabling a student to be employed in any division of an organisation. The learning provides in-depth insights into what each division does. Modules like Innovation & Commercialization, Global Business Environment, Operations & Project Management and Developing Cross-Cultural Capability are uncommon and thus provides an edge to the learner. Students will fulfil two Research projects that will contribute to their critical thinking skills and develop their own contribution to the resolution of a selected business issue.
What is Special at HRMI?
At HRMI, we are committed to supporting students in their academic and professional progression, career advancement, personality and character development. We work closely with a large network of reputed Sri Lankan private sector organizations to enable our students to acquire practical experience through a well-designed programme of internship training. We thereafter assist our students to be professionally employed.
- For each and every student, HRMI offers a dedicated personal tutor to sort out any academic related concerns and provide assignment guidance to make sure that the students are able to independently fulfil the requirements of the course of studies.
- Lecturers are specifically trained to deliver assignment focused teaching
- For every module, Industry experts provide practical management knowhow demanded in assignments. This input is very critical as students lack work experience to answer highly work related assignments.
- HRMI provides guaranteed internships to enable non-working students to experience real-life issues which are useful in doing assignments which involve very practical management scenarios.
- Teaching quality, academic integrity, learning content, assessment criteria and adherence to compliance standards are critical drivers of academic excellence. HRMI has been repeatedly winning the Pearson Award for Academic Excellence in the years 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Whilst the entire Degree programme will take 33 months for Part-time and 27 months for Full-time, students are required to successfully complete 15 modules during the first 2 years. On completion of this segment, students will be awarded Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Business OR Pearson Assured International Diploma in Business and Management and thereafter progress to the Final Year for the award of the Bachelor’s Degree (BA – Honours) from University of Northampton.
Modules of Study:
- Business & Business Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Human Resource Management
- Management and Operations
- Management Accounting
- Managing a Successful Business Project
- Business Law
- Innovation & Commercialization
- Business Strategy
- Organisational Behaviour
- Developing Individual, Team & Organisation
- Global Business Environment
- Operations & Project Management
- Understand & Leading Change
- Research Project
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
- Accounting and Finance for Managers
- Principles of Marketing Management
- Developing Cross-Cultural Capability
- Business Project
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- GCE (A/L) 2 passes or Pending A/L Results - any Stream with English and Mathematics at O/L OR
- GCE (O/L) with a Degree Foundation Course OR
- Certificate in HRM / Business Management from HRMI / IPM / NIBM OR equivalent OR
- GCE (O/L) with English & Mathematics and 2 years work experience
MEDIUM : English Medium
Sinhala / English - Mixed Medium option is available during year 1 and 2 on Saturdays
- FULLTIME BATCH: Month 1 to 18 : Tue, Wed and Thu from 8.45am to 1.30pm & Month 19 to 27- Sunday from 8.45 am to 4.30pm
- PART TIME BATCH: English Medium : Sundays from 8.45 am to 4.30pm (entire Duration 33 Months)
- PART TIME BATCH: Sinhala + English (Mixed) Medium : from Month 1 to 24 : Saturday from 8.45am & 4.30pm & Month 25 to 33, Sunday from 8.45 am to 4.30pm - English medium
DURATION & PAYMENT PLAN :
Registration Fee: Rs. 15,000 + E Library Fee: Rs. 5,000
|Part time Batch|
|Duration||: 33 months|
: Rs 15,000 x 6 ( 1st Semester) + Rs 20,000 x 6 ( 2nd Semester) + Rs 25,000 x 6 ( 3rd Semester) + Rs 30,000 x 6 (4th Semester) + Rs 40,000 x 9 (5th and 6th Semesters)
|No. of Installments||: 33|
|Total Course Fee||: Rs. 900,000|
|Duration||: 27 months|
|Payment Plan||: Rs 20,000 x 6 ( 1st Semester) + Rs 30,000 x 6 ( 2nd Semester) + Rs 40,000 x 15 ( 3rd , 4th and 5th Semesters)|
|No. of Installments||: 27|
|Total Course Fee||: Rs. 900,000|
All above charges are subject to 2% NBT
Commencement Dates :
- FULLTIME BATCH: English Medium : 17th October 2019
- PART TIME BATCH: English Medium : Sunday Batch : 20th October 2019
- PART TIME BATCH - Sinhala + English (Mixed) Medium : Saturday : 19th October 2019
INFORMATION : Please call 077 2204101 or 071 2724425