Equivalent to Year 1 & Year 2 of a Bachelor's Degree
Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND qualifications are recognised throughout the world for admission to Bachelor’s degrees. HND holders are admitted directly to year 3 of a Bachelor’s degree programme in most universities in UK and their partner universities located elsewhere in the world. Advanced entry facilities are available in majority of universities in Australia, New Zealand, USA and Canada.
Specialist pathways are available in
- Business Management
- Human Resource Management
- Accounting and Finance
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Operations Management
PEARSON BTEC LEVEL 5 HND IN BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
1. Business and the Business Environment
2. Marketing Essentials
3. Human Resource Management
4. Management and Operations
5. Management Accounting
6. Managing a Successful Business Project
7. Business Law
8. Innovation and Commercialisation
9. Research Project
10. Organisational Behaviour
11. Business Strategy
12. Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations
13. Operations and Project Management
14. Understanding and Leading Change
15. Global Business Environment
On completion of HND in Business Management students will progress to BA (HONS) Business Management awarded by University of Northampton – UK
When embarking on a Degree, a prospective student must establish without doubt the credentials of the awarding institution and its academic reputation. A qualification is treasured for life. Due diligence must be made in the selection of a university and the reputation must never be compromised for convenience or cost. All Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees at HRMI are awarded by globally respected UGC approved University of Northampton in UK. Northampton is the only Gold Ranked British University to offer Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Business Management, HR and Tourism in Sri Lanka.
Final year Course Modules:
1. Strategic Management
2. Strategic Human Resource Management
3. Accounting and Finance for Managers
4. Principles of Marketing Management
5. Supply Chain Operations Management
6. Business Project
ALTERNATIVE PROGRESSION PATHWAYS
1. Students who complete the HND could apply to select Universities in Australia, Canada and US to seek admission to Bachelor’s Degree programmes with advanced entry. Please speak to HRMI Student Counsellors for assistance.
2. Students who complete the HND and possess at least 2 years work experience could seek direct admission to the following Master’s Degrees awarded by University of Northampton.
(a) Master of Business Administration Degree (MBA) - Duration: 14 months
(b) Master of Human Resource Management Degree (MA - HRM) - Duration: 14 months
At HRMI, for Pearson BTEC HND students, the Distinction – Merit Success Rate is 86%. This reflects the students’ ultimate success in pursuing their studies. How does HRMI achieve such a high success rate? HRMI provides;
- For each and every student, HRMI offers a dedicated personal tutor to sort out any academic related concerns and provide assignment guidance to make sure that the students are able to independently fulfill the requirements of the HND assignments.
- Lecturers are specifically trained to deliver assignment focused teaching.
- For every module, Industry experts provide practical management know-how demanded in current HND assignments. This input is very critical as students lack work experience to answer highly work related assignments.
- HRMI provides guaranteed internships to enable non-working students to experience real-life issues which are useful in doing assignments which involve very practical management scenarios.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- GCE (A/L) 2 passes or Pending A/L Results - any Stream with English and Mathematics at O/L OR
- GCE (O/L) with a Degree Foundation Course OR
- Certificate in HRM / Business Management from HRMI / IPM / NIBM OR equivalent OR
- GCE (O/L) with English & Mathematics and 2 years work experience
- Full Time Course : 18 Months
- Part Time Course : 24 Months
HRMI Registration Fee : Rs. 20,000
E Library Fee : Rs. 5,000
Pearson Registration Fee: Rs. 60,000 (Payable within 2 months from Commencement)
PART TIME PROGRAMME:
23 monthly Instalments : Rs. 15,000 per Month = Total : Rs. 345,000
FULL TIME PROGRAMME :
18 monthly Instalments : Rs. 19,200 per Month = Total : Rs. 345,600
DISTANCE / ONLINE LEARNING
2 Installments : Rs. 172,500 x 2 = Total : Rs. 345,600
60 months monthly repayment facility available through NDB Bank.
For details call Mr. Devapriya De Silva, Manager - NDB Nugegoda Branch - 077 3457421 /011 2820879
Over 16 years
COMMENCEMENT DATES :
- FULLTIME BATCH: English Medium : 12th December 2019
- PART TIME BATCH: English Medium : Sunday Batch : 15th December 2019
- PART TIME BATCH - Sinhala + English (Mixed) Medium : Saturday : 14th December 2019