Awarded by Helsinki Metropolia University of Applied Sciences – Finland Credit Value: Master’s Level 90 ECTS
The Largest University of Applied Sciences in Finland
Recognised by University Grants Commission of Sri Lanka
The Health Sector has evolved into a significantly more competitive environment in recent times and management skills are becoming increasingly important across all levels and disciplines. The MBA in Health Business Management is all about competencies required for senior managerial positions in the social and health care sector. The demand for professionals in health care management is ever increasing and credible sector specific qualifications from reputed institutions had been hitherto few in our part of the world. Europe has been in the forefront of healthcare management and Helsinki Metropolia University of Applied Sciences in Finland is the biggest and most reputed provider of professional qualifications in this sector.
Helsinki Metropolia University of Applied Sciences is the recipient of The Finnish Education Evaluation Centre Award, The European Commission Mark of Distinction - The ECTS Label, The Strongest in Finland Platinum Certificate for Management Excellence, WWF's Green Campus Recognition Award and Kauppalehti Operational Achiever Award.
The ECTS Label, the mark of Distinction for Higher Education in Europe was awarded in recognition of the academic and professional standards maintained by the university. The ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) enables a student to transfer credits amongst all European Universities, which signifies the standards and recognition of Metropolia.
HRMI together with Metropolia is offering a Master of Business Administration, in Health Business Management, a Master’s Degree with a 2 year duration and 90 ECTS at Master’s Level – which is 100% compliant with European Standards.
HRMI is a Sri Lankan institution of higher education located in Colombo and providing a variety of courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level in partnership with Pearson UK, University of Northampton, UK, University of Derby, UK, Deakin University, Australia and Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Finland. HRMI offers several Master’s and Bachelor’s Degree in Strategy & Innovation, HR &Business Management, Travel, and Tourism& Health Care in addition to a range of courses at Certificate, Diploma and Managerial Diploma levels. All Course offered by HRMI are Accredited and Quality Assured by Pearson UK and registered with Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission (TVEC) Sri Lanka. All HRMI University Partners are recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC) Sri Lanka.
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) – Health Business Management is delivered by a JOINT FACULTY FROM FINLAND AND SRI LANKA which comprises of the most respected professionals in Medicine, Health Administration and Management.
- Health Business Management - The unit provides insights into the drivers and trends in health business and focuses on the related business concepts and models. The learners will distinguish the implications of future scenarios, strategic issues and operational concerns on the sustainability and profitability of social and health care providers.
- Health Business Economics & Business Models - Enables learners to comprehend Business Economics,Market and competitive analysis, Consumer, service and production theories, Best practices of Health Business and Business Models relevant to health sector.
- Strategy, Management & Leadership - Provides insights into the challenges specific to social and health care providers and on the critical linkage between strategic management, leadership and the role of leadership in creating strategic direction and alignment.
- Service Innovations & Design - The unit is focused on Planning and implementing service innovations, design and renewal of service strategies for achieving a sustainable competitive advantage, economics of service and e-services.
- Safety & Quality Processes & Management in Social & Health Care - Learner will develop a comprehensive understanding on what causes quality, how quality is ascertained, and how quality work is managed in ahealth care organization. The learner will understand the cornerstones of safety and quality systems and the process development approach including safety and quality improvement methods and tools.
- E-Marketing Systems & Tools - The primary focus is on marketing processes and customer relationships in relation to development of competitive advantage. Focuses on Marketing Channels, Marketing systems, solutions and tools with specific reference to Social and Health Care sectors.
- Enterprise Resource Planning Systems - Enables the learner to understand the structure and functions of an Enterprise Resource Planning system and how ERP can help in planning, decision-making and performance enhancement and measurement.
- Principles & Practice of Health Promotion - This unit provides the understanding of health promotion methods and practices in different contexts, how they are planned, developed and implemented. The unit also discusses contemporary debates in health promotion practices.
- Issues in Public Health - By the end of this unit, learners will understand the evolution of public health and its influence on modern public health, determinants of health, impact of national policies, address inequalities in health care standards, issues and challenges surrounding public health.
- Diversity Management - Provides the connectivity between corporate success and managing diversity, with specific reference to ‘hot’ issues faced in a national and international context. Insights into why embracing diversity and valuing difference are crucial to business success, and its relevance to innovation and organizational change.
- Corporate Social Responsibility - This module will provide learning on roots of CSR, the critical elements of a CSR initiative and its implementation, developing a strategic communication plan for CSR, as well as auditing CSR initiatives.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: A Bachelor's Degree with 3 years work experience
DURATION : 24 months ( 1 year Course Work + 1 year Research)
LECTURE SCHEDULE: Sundays from 8.45 am to 1.30 pm
COMMENCEMENT : 2nd September 2017 Registration limited to 15 only. Reserve your seat now!
Course Registration Fee: Rs. 25,000
Course Fees & Assessment Fees: Rs.900,000 - Payable in 6 installments of Rs. 150,000 each
Information : Please call : 077 220 4101 / 071 2 724425
Click : Helsinki Metropolia University of Applied Sciences web :
Download: Course Brochure