- Recognized by University Grants Commission Sri Lanka
Why locally qualified HR professionals need to upgrade?
Over 750 students qualify with locally accredited HR professional qualifications every year. In addition another 1000 graduates join the job market with an HR degree from local universities.
If you wish to rise above the ordinary, you need to equip yourself with a qualification that will provide you with a distinctively different qualification that leads to a clear competitive advantage. This is the only way to add glitter to your CV and avoid being an underemployed HR.
The MA (HRM) from University of Northampton is the only HR Masters from a GOLD Ranked British University available in Sri Lanka.
This programme of studies will enable Human Resource Management Professionals in Sri Lanka to build upon the professional knowledge and expertise gained through various local qualifications to be elevated to the level of a Master’s Degree from a world-class University. This will serve as the ‘gold standard’ in HR professional education and will create pathways for young Sri Lankan HR professionals to explore opportunities that demand globally recognised higher qualifications.
MASTERS' DEGREE (MA HRM) is awarded by University of Northampton - UK
The University of Northampton - UK
The University of Northampton has been awarded Gold – the highest possible mark – in the UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
The Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) awarded the Gold Mark for Teaching Excellence to the University of Northampton. This is the highest possible mark and reflects the academic excellence and outstanding teaching quality at Northampton. The Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) is the official Ranking scheme developed by the Department for Education in England for recognising teaching and academic standards. Only 70 institutions of higher education out of 140 in UK received the Gold Mark which is valid for 3 years. Northampton is a globally respected and recognised institution of higher learning which has received many awards and honors in recent times. Between 2011 - 16, was shortlisted for ‘Business School of the Year’, top 50 UK University, Most Enterprising University, Most Entrepreneurial University, No. 1 for Student Employability, No. 1 for Research Management, No. 1 for Value Added and No. 1 for Social Enterprise Changemaker Campus status by AshokaU, the world’s largest network of social entrepreneurs.
The official judgement by the Government’s review states:
“Based on the evidence available, the TEF Panel judged that the University of Northampton delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students.”
“It is of the highest quality found in the UK.”
More information : Click: visit UON Website
Students will fulfill the coursework requirement of the MA-HRM Degree (120 Credits) by pursuing 8 modules of study as stated below.On completion of the 8 modules, students are entitled to receive the Pearson Assured Executive Diploma in HRM, a Level 7 - Post Graduate Qualification as proof of successful completion of the coursework stage of MA-HRM Degree.
Stage 1 : COURSEWORK STAGE - (120 CREDITS)
Stage 2 : RESEARCH STAGE - (60 CREDITS)
MODULES OF STUDY:
Stage 1: COURSEWORK STAGE (120 CREDITS)
Module 1: HR Management in Context
Module 2: Leading, Managing and Developing People
Module 3: Developing Skills for Business Leadership
Module 4: Investigating a Business Issue from an HR Perspective
Module 5: Resourcing and Talent Management
Module 6: Reward Management
Module 7: Learning and Talent Development
Module 8: Knowledge Management and Organizational Learning
Stage 2: RESEARCH STAGE OF THE MA – HRM FROM UNIVERSITY OF NORTHAMPTON, UK (60 CREDITS)
• A Bachelor's Degree / Professional Qualification OR
• Pearson BTEC HND Level 5 OR
• Pearson Assured Managerial Diploma (HRMI) OR
• PQHRM (IPM) OR Advanced Diploma in HRM (NIBM) OR equivalent OR
• 5 years experience in HR Managerial / Executive Capacity
• 10 years as a Commissioned Officer in SL Army / Navy / Air Force / Police
SPECIAL RECRUITMENT CRITERIA:
Individuals who possess significant experience, qualifications or achievements but do not hold the above entry requirements may be considered for enrolment. Senior Military or Government Officials may apply under this category. Please speak to the Director - HRMI on 071 2724425 for further clarifications.
- Mr. Gihan Talgodapitiya, MBA (NUS), FCMA (UK). Internationally reputed Corporate Trainer, retained by over 300 companies in the Asian Region. Director of HRMI.
- Mr. Rajitha P. Silva, MBA (CSU-Australia), BBA (Colombo), Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Management & Finance, University of Colombo.
- Mr. Gamini Nanda Gunawardana, BSc Eng (Hons), MBA (Col), C Eng; F.I.E. (SL), MBCS (UK), Consultant - HRD - Goodhope Asia Holdings.
- Ms. Deshika Rodrigo, MBA (AIB-Australia), BA (Hons) (Washington), ACIB (UK), Head of HR, Standard Chartered Bank.
- Mr. Bennett Patternott, MBA (Edith Cowan), MBA (Columbia), BCom (SJ) Head of HR, Carson Cumberbatch PLC
- Ms. Gayani de Alwis, MBA (PIM), MSc (Reading), former Director, Customer Care & Supply Chain at Unilever.
- Col. Raj Vijayasiri (rtd), MBM (KDU), Masters in Def. Studies (USA), former Group Training Manager at Hemas Group.
- Mr. Yukthi Gunasekera, Juris Doctor, (Minnesota Law School, USA), PGD (CIM-UK), BA, former Head of Corporate Communications at John Keells Holdings.
- Dr. Prabath Karunanayake, MBBS (Colombo), MBA (Colombo), Management Consultant.
- Mr. Rohan Pandithakorralage, BBM (Victoria), Director & Head of HR, Aitken Spence Group.
- Mr. Isuru Tillakawardana, LLB (Colombo), MBA (PIM), Chief HR Officer, Commercial Bank.
- Ms. Roshanie Jayasundera-Moraes, MBA (PIM), Executive Vice President - John Keells Holdings.
Month 1 to 8 : One Weekend per Month Sat & Sun 8.45 am to 4.30 pm & Month 9 to 14 : Every 3 weeks: Saturday & Sunday from 8.45 am to 4.30 pm
COMMENCEMENT : Saturday,29th June
DURATION: 14 Months
Registration Fee: Rs.12,500 + E library Charges: Rs. 5,000
Standard Course Fee: Rs. 540,000
Discounted Course Fee: Rs. 396,000 (Payment Plan : Rs. 33,000 x 12 installments)
(All payments are subject to 2% NBT)
Discounted course fee is applicable for registrations made during month of June 2019 only
Register before: 20th June 2019
Exemptions for PQHRM Holders
Candidates who are holding PQHRM from CIPM will be exempted from 4 modules and they will be required to study the following 4 modules and the Research only:
- Leading, Managing and Developing People
- Developing Skills for Business Leadership
- Investigating a Business Issue from an HR Perspective
- Knowledge Management and Organizational Learning
Study Duration : 1 year
Registration Fee: Rs.12,500 + E library Charges: Rs. 5,000
Fee : Rs. 31,250 x 12 installments = Rs. 375,000
Above charges are subject to 2% NBT
60 months monthly repayment facility available through NDB Bank.
For details call Mr. Devapriya De Silva, Manager - NDB Nugegoda Branch - 077 3457421
for Course Information and Reservations : Call 077 2204101 / 071 2724425