- Recognized by University Grants Commission Sri Lanka
The University of Northampton has been awarded Gold – the highest possible mark – in the Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
The official judgement by the Government’s review states:
“Based on the evidence available, the TEF Panel judged that the University of Northampton delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students.”
“It is of the highest quality found in the UK.”
The Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) awarded the Gold Mark for Teaching Excellence to the University of Northampton. This is the highest possible mark and reflects the academic excellence and outstanding teaching quality at Northampton. The Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) is the official Ranking scheme developed by the Department for Education in England for recognising teaching and academic standards. Only 42 institutions of higher education out of 140 in UK received the Gold Mark which is valid for 3 years. Northampton is a globally respected and recognised institution of higher learning which has received many awards and honors in recent times. Between 2011 - 16, was shortlisted for ‘Business School of the Year’, top 50 UK University, Most Enterprising University, Most Entrepreneurial University, No. 1 for Student Employability, No. 1 for Research Management, No. 1 for Value Added and No. 1 for Social Enterprise Changemaker Campus status by AshokaU, the world’s largest network of social entrepreneurs.
More information : Click: visit UON Website
This programme of studies will enable Human Resource Management Professionals in Sri Lanka to build upon the professional knowledge and expertise gained through various local qualifications to be elevated to the level of a Master’s Degree from a world-class University. This will serve as the ‘gold standard’ in HR professional education and will create pathways for young Sri Lankan HR professionals to explore opportunities that demand globally recognised higher qualifications.
Students will fulfill the coursework requirement of the MA-HRM Degree (120 Credits) by pursuing 8 modules of study as stated below.On completion of the 8 modules, students are entitled to receive the Pearson Assured Executive Diploma in HRM, a Level 7 - Post Graduate Qualification as proof of successful completion of the coursework stage of MA-HRM Degree.
Stage 1 : COURSEWORK STAGE - (120 CREDITS)
Stage 2 : RESEARCH STAGE - (60 CREDITS)
MODULES OF STUDY:
Stage 1: COURSEWORK STAGE (120 CREDITS)
Module 1: HR Management in Context
Module 2: Leading, Managing and Developing People
Module 3: Developing Skills for Business Leadership
Module 4: Investigating a Business Issue from an HR Perspective
Module 5: Resourcing and Talent Management
Module 6: Reward Management
Module 7: Learning and Talent Development
Module 8: Knowledge Management and Organizational Learning
Stage 2: RESEARCH STAGE OF THE MA – HRM FROM UNIVERSITY OF NORTHAMPTON, UK (60 CREDITS)
• A Bachelor's Degree / Professional Qualification OR
• EDEXCEL BTEC HND Level 5 OR
• Edexcel Assured Managerial Diploma (HRMI) OR
• PQHRM (IPM) OR Advanced Diploma in HRM (NIBM) OR equivalent OR
• 5 years experience in HR Managerial / Executive Capacity
• 10 years as a Commissioned Officer in SL Army / Navy / Air Force / Police
SPECIAL RECRUITMENT CRITERIA:
Individuals who possess significant experience, qualifications or achievements but do not hold the above entry requirements may be considered for enrolment. Senior Military or Government Officials may apply under this category. Please speak to the Director - HRMI on 071 2724425 for further clarifications.
- Mr. Gihan Talgodapitiya, MBA (NUS), FCMA (UK). Internationally reputed Corporate Trainer, retained by over 300 companies in the Asian Region. Director of HRMI.
- Mr. Rajitha P. Silva, MBA (CSU-Australia), BBA (Colombo), Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Management & Finance, University of Colombo.
- Mr. Gamini Nanda Gunawardana, BSc Eng (Hons), MBA (Col), C Eng; F.I.E. (SL), MBCS (UK), Consultant - HRD - Goodhope Asia Holdings.
- Ms. Deshika Rodrigo, MBA (AIB-Australia), BA (Hons) (Washington), ACIB (UK), Head of HR, Standard Chartered Bank.
- Mr. Bennett Patternott, MBA (Edith Cowan), MBA (Columbia), BCom (SJ) Head of HR, Carson Cumberbatch PLC
- Ms. Gayani de Alwis, MBA (PIM), MSc (Reading), former Director, Customer Care & Supply Chain at Unilever.
- Col. Raj Vijayasiri (rtd), MBM (KDU), Masters in Def. Studies (USA), former Group Training Manager at Hemas Group.
- Mr. Yukthi Gunasekera, Juris Doctor, (Minnesota Law School, USA), PGD (CIM-UK), BA, former Head of Corporate Communications at John Keells Holdings.
- Dr. Prabath Karunanayake, MBBS (Colombo), MBA (Colombo), Management Consultant.
- Mr. Rohan Pandithakorralage, BBM (Victoria), Director & Head of HR, Aitken Spence Group.
- Mr. Isuru Tillakawardana, LLB (Colombo), MBA (PIM), Chief HR Officer, Commercial Bank.
- Ms. Roshanie Jayasundera-Moraes, MBA (PIM), Executive Vice President - John Keells Holdings.
LEARNING OPTIONS : Intensive single weekend blended learning mode: One Weekend per Month Sat & Sun 8.45 am to 4.30 pm
COMMENCEMENT : Saturday, 27th October
• Distance Supported Learning: On Request
DURATION : 18 Months
Registration Fee: Rs.12,500 + E library Charges : Rs. 5,000
Stage 1: Rs.220,000 ( Paid in full) OR
Rs.30,000 X 8 installments
1st Instalment : at start , Balance; due at the beginning of 2nd, 3rd, 4th , 5th , 6th, 7th and 8th month
Stage 2: Rs. 20,000 + £ 1,800 payable in 8 installments. * Directly Payable to University. Subject to change.
+ 2% NBT