WHAT SHOULD YOU BE LOOKING IN AN MBA?
MBAs are amongst the most popular degrees in the world. The Harvard University established the first MBA programme in 1908. Since then, many thousand institutions & universities award MBAs. Amongst these are unscrupulous institutions which award bogus or fake MBAs or claim dubious ranking. A Google search could provide many insights into unaccredited MBAs which offer low cost Degree certificates & transcripts.
When embarking on a MBA, a prospective student must establish without a doubt the credentials of the awarding institution and its academic reputation. The esteem & admiration, recognition & respect for a qualification are derived from the awarding institution. The subject coverage, duration of study and depth in learning content are ingredients that make a difference between a respected MBA and an ordinary MBA.
Students will fulfill the coursework requirement of the Northampton MBA (120 Credits) by pursuing 11 modules of study focused on Innovation & Strategy.
The course work is totally focused on Strategy and Innovation to facilitate development of competencies required in senior management positions. Learning Strategy and Innovation is equally critical for individuals as well as for organisations. The survival and success of both depend on how they would differentiate from the rest. This learning at the Master’s level is the only programme of study available in Sri Lanka designed with an exclusive focus on Strategy and Innovation.
On completion of the 11 modules, students are entitled to receive the Pearson Assured Executive Diploma in Strategy and Innovation, a Level 7 - Post Graduate Qualification as proof of successful completion of the coursework stage of the MBA.
The University of Northampton - UK
The MBA is awarded by University of Northampton – UK which is recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC) Sri Lanka.
The University of Northampton has been awarded Gold – the highest possible mark – in the UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
The Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) awarded the Gold Mark for Teaching Excellence to the University of Northampton. This is the highest possible mark and reflects the academic excellence and outstanding teaching quality at Northampton. The Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) is the official Ranking scheme developed by the Department for Education in England for recognising teaching and academic standards. Only 42 institutions of higher education out of 140 in UK received the Gold Mark which is valid for 3 years. Northampton is a globally respected and recognised institution of higher learning which has received many awards and honors in recent times. Between 2011 - 16, was shortlisted for ‘Business School of the Year’, top 50 UK University, Most Enterprising University, Most Entrepreneurial University, No. 1 for Student Employability, No. 1 for Research Management, No. 1 for Value Added and No. 1 for Social Enterprise Changemaker Campus status by AshokaU, the world’s largest network of social entrepreneurs.
The official judgement by the Government’s review states:
“Based on the evidence available, the TEF Panel judged that the University of Northampton delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students.”
“It is of the highest quality found in the UK.”
More information : Click: visit UON Website
MODULES OF STUDY:
- Unit 1: Strategic Planning : This unit provides a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of strategy, what drives strategy and why a company need to use ‘differentiation’ as the fundamental strategy. The learner will understand the process of developing a strategic plan together with relevant tools and techniques. The connectivity between innovation and strategy is illustrated with many case studies.
- Unit 2: Managing Innovation and Creativity : Focuses on the significance of creating a company wide innovation culture and what a company needs to do to establish an innovation pipeline to achieve a sustainable competitive edge.
- Unit 3: Strategic Management and Leadership Skills : Provides insights into the critical linkage between strategic management, leadership and the role of leadership in creating strategic direction and alignment.
- Unit 4: Strategic Change Management : Enables learners to develop the skills of leading and effecting ‘change’ in order to achieve strategic redirection and innovation.
- Unit 5: Strategic Marketing Management : Provides the connectivity between corporate strategy and strategic marketing. Enables learners to realize how innovation could be the primary driver of marketing success.
- Unit 6: Strategic Human Resource Management : Enables the learner to understand how strategic human resource management supports employee engagement, learning and innovation in the process of achieving corporate goals.
- Unit 7: Strategic Quality and Systems Management : Provides insights for learners to understand the importance of quality, quality systems management and developing ‘quality’ as a strategy to enable achievement of competitive advantage.
- Unit 8: Strategic Supply Chain Management & Logistics : On the importance of supply chain and logistics management and its relevance to strategic success. The learners will gain insights into developing the supply chain process to derive strategic advantages.
- Unit 9: Corporate Communication Strategies : On the critical role of corporate communications and its impact on creating ‘positive branding’ in all frontiers of stakeholders.
- Unit 10: Managing Financial Principles and Techniques : Provides learners the skills to apply financial principles relevant to strategic management in an organisational context, including forecasting, capital appraisal, budgeting, financial appraisal and analysis.
- Unit 11: Professional Development for Strategic Managers : Facilitates the learner to develop competencies required to function effectively at senior management level in establishing strategic direction and a culture of innovation.
Module 1 : Critical Issues in Business
Module 2 :Business Research Project
Module 3 :International Business Negotiation
Module 4 :The Entrepreneurship Report
DURATION : 14 months
- Bachelor's Degree / Professional Qualification OR
- Pearson Assured Managerial Diploma (HRMI) OR
- 5 years experience in Managerial / Executive Capacity OR
- 10 years as a Commissioned Officer in SL Army / Navy / Air Force /
- Any other Qualification deemed equivalent to the above
LECTURE SCHEDULE & COMMENCEMENT- 2 Options available
Option 1: Every 3 weeks: Saturday & Sunday Batch - Commencement : 10th February
Month 1 to 8 : Every 3 weeks: Saturday & Sunday from 8.45 am to 4.30 pm
& Month 9 to 14 : Every Sunday from 8.45 am to 4.30 pm
Option 2: Sunday Batch - Commencement : 16th February
Month 1 to 8 : Three Sundays per month: from 8.45 am to 4.30 pm
& Month 9 to 14 : Every Sunday from 8.45 am to 4.30 pm
Registration Fee: Rs.12,500 + E library Charges: Rs. 5,000
Total Course Fee: Rs. 660,000 (payable in Installments)
Payment Plan : Initial Payment : Rs. 100,000 + 14 monthly Installements of Rs. 40,000 OR
Paid in Full: Rs. 600,000
(All payments are subject to 2% NBT)
INFORMATION: Call 077 2204101 / 071 2724425
Download: Application Form