- Recognized by University Grants Commission Sri Lanka
- focused on STRATEGY & INNOVATION
The University of Northampton has been awarded Gold – the highest possible mark – in the Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
The Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) awarded the Gold Mark for Teaching Excellence to the University of Northampton. This is the highest possible mark and reflects the academic excellence and outstanding teaching quality at Northampton. The Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) is the official Ranking scheme developed by the Department for Education in England for recognising teaching and academic standards. Only 42 institutions of higher education out of 140 in UK received the Gold Mark which is valid for 3 years. Northampton is a globally respected and recognised institution of higher learning which has received many awards and honors in recent times. Between 2011 - 16, was shortlisted for ‘Business School of the Year’, top 50 UK University, Most Enterprising University, Most Entrepreneurial University, No. 1 for Student Employability, No. 1 for Research Management, No. 1 for Value Added and No. 1 for Social Enterprise Changemaker Campus status by AshokaU, the world’s largest network of social entrepreneurs.
The official judgement by the Government’s review states:
“Based on the evidence available, the TEF Panel judged that the University of Northampton delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students.”
“It is of the highest quality found in the UK.”
More information : Click: visit UON Website
The course work component of the Master’s Degree is totally focused on Strategy and Innovation to facilitate development of competencies required in senior management positions. Learning Strategy and Innovation is equally critical for individuals as well as for organisations. The survival and success of both depend on how they would differentiate from the rest. This MBA is the only Master’s level qualification offered by any university in Sri Lanka designed with an exclusive focus on Strategy and Innovation.
The entire learning content of the MBA attempts to find solutions to 2 fundamental issues advocated by Prof. Michael Porter of the Harvard Business School, the leading authority on competitive strategy and competitiveness. The 2 issues (1) How should we differentiate our products & services from our competitors? (2) How should we make our processes more efficient and cost effective than our competitors? Course work stage of the MBA extensively deals with finding solutions from all aspects of strategy to enhance the sustainable competitiveness of organisations.
YEAR 1 : COURSEWORK STAGE
PROGRAMME CONTENT : YEAR 1
Students will fulfill the coursework requirement of the MBA (120 Credits) by pursuing 11 modules of study as detail below. On completion of the 11 modules, students are entitled to receive the Pearson Assured Executive Diploma in Strategy and Innovation, a Level 7 - Post Graduate Qualification as proof of successful completion of the coursework stage of the MBA.
COURSEWORK STAGE (120 CREDITS) - PEARSON ASSURED EXECUTIVE DIPLOMA IN STRATEGY AND INNOVATION
- Unit 1: Strategic Planning : This unit provides a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of strategy, what drives strategy and why a company need to use ‘differentiation’ as the fundamental strategy. The learner will understand the process of developing a strategic plan together with relevant tools and techniques. The connectivity between innovation and strategy is illustrated with many case studies.
- Unit 2: Managing Innovation and Creativity : Focuses on the significance of creating a company wide innovation culture and what a company needs to do to establish an innovation pipeline to achieve a sustainable competitive edge.
- Unit 3: Strategic Management and Leadership Skills : Provides insights into the critical linkage between strategic management, leadership and the role of leadership in creating strategic direction and alignment.
- Unit 4: Strategic Change Management : Enables learners to develop the skills of leading and effecting ‘change’ in order to achieve strategic redirection and innovation.
- Unit 5: Strategic Marketing Management : Provides the connectivity between corporate strategy and strategic marketing. Enables learners to realize how innovation could be the primary driver of marketing success.
- Unit 6: Strategic Human Resource Management : Enables the learner to understand how strategic human resource management supports employee engagement, learning and innovation in the process of achieving corporate goals.
- Unit 7: Strategic Quality and Systems Management : Provides insights for learners to understand the importance of quality, quality systems management and developing ‘quality’ as a strategy to enable achievement of competitive advantage.
- Unit 8: Strategic Supply Chain Management & Logistics : On the importance of supply chain and logistics management and its relevance to strategic success. The learners will gain insights into developing the supply chain process to derive strategic advantages.
- Unit 9: Corporate Communication Strategies : On the critical role of corporate communications and its impact on creating ‘positive branding’ in all frontiers of stakeholders.
- Unit 10: Managing Financial Principles and Techniques : Provides learners the skills to apply financial principles relevant to strategic management in an organisational context, including forecasting, capital appraisal, budgeting, financial appraisal and analysis.
- Unit 11: Professional Development for Strategic Managers : Facilitates the learner to develop competencies required to function effectively at senior management level in establishing strategic direction and a culture of innovation.
YEAR 2: RESEARCH STAGE OF THE MBA – FROM UNIVERSITY OF NORTHAMPTON, UK (60 CREDITS)
Core Module 1: Critical Issues in Business - 10 credits
The module aims to (1) enable the learner to develop a critical understanding of the study of organisations and business environment (2) critically evaluate the tasks and responsibilities of business leaders from an integration perspective through the introduction of contemporary and pervasive issues.
Focus areas for this module: • The Skills of Business Leaders • Critical Reflection and Personal Development. • Integration and Analysis. • Using Learning Resources in MBA Study. • Pervasive Issues in Business Leadership • Sustainability and Ethics. • Risk and Security in Organisations. • Entrepreneurship,Enterprise and Social Enterprise. • Globalization and the International Agenda. • Diversity, Inclusion and Exclusion. • Power and its consequences.
Core Module 2: ‘Research Methods and Dissertation’ - Business Research Project - 50 credits
FLEXIBLE LEARNING SCHEDULE:
Not everyone can stick to a standard study routine. In order to provide the flexibility in completing your MBA, we have provided many options for you to choose how you would wish to pursue your MBA. Whatever the options you take, it will not affect the quality or the depth of learning!
• We will provide a personalized flexible schedule where you will choose when and how you wish to take-up each individual units of study during
your course work stage.
• The Coursework stage comprises of 11 modules. You have the freedom to take-up a maximum of 4 modules by Distance mode.
• You have many choices in attending lectures. You could decide any combination of schedules. Either to complete a module by attending
4 Saturday mornings OR 2 Sundays OR just ONE weekend.
• Traditionally the Coursework stage will take 12 months to complete 11 modules. In the flexible route, you could stretch this to 24.
Perhaps if you wish to fast-track by following parallel modules, you could finish in a shorter period of 9 months.
• There is no additional fees for taking the Flexible Learning route. Speak with our MBA coordinator and develop the schedules to suit your
Bachelor's Degree / Professional Qualification OR
Pearson Assured Managerial Diploma (HRMI) OR
5 years experience in Managerial / Executive Capacity OR
10 years as a Commissioned Officer in SL Army / Navy / Air Force /
Any other Qualification deemed equivalent to the above
LECTURE SCHEDULE & COMMENCEMENT : ( Select One)
Saturday Batch : Every Saturday from 8.45 am to 1.30pm | COMMENCEMENT: 3rd November
Sunday Batch : 2 Sundays per month from 8.45 am to 4.30pm | COMMENCEMENT: 18th November
One Weekend Per Month: Saturday & Sunday from 8.45 am to 4.30 pm | COMMENCEMENT: Sunday, 27th October
Registration Fee: Rs.12,500 + E library Charges: Rs. 5,000
Year 1: Rs.250,000 ( Paid in full) OR
Rs.45,000 X 6 installments
1st Instalment : at start , Balance; due at the beginning of 2nd, 3rd, 4th , 5th and 6th month
Year 2: Registration Fee: Rs. 20,000 + Rs.400,000 (£2,000*) payable in 8 installments. * Directly Payable to University. Subject to change.
(Subject to 2% NBT)
INFORMATION: Call 077 2204101 / 071 2724425
Download: Application Form