UNIVERSITY OF NORTHAMPTON, located in Northamptonshire, England is a globally respected and recognised institution of higher learning. Northampton is currently Ranked at Number 43 in the 2016 UK Guardian Ranking for Business, Management and Marketing studies in the UK.
University of Northampton has partnered with Human Resource Management Institute (HRMI) Sri Lanka to offer a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management (MA) to fulfill a long felt requirement for an internationally recognised Advanced Degree in HRM. This programme of studies will enable Human Resource Management Professionals in Sri Lanka to build upon the professional knowledge and expertise gained through various local qualifications to be elevated to the level of a Master’s Degree from a world-class University. This will serve as the ‘gold standard’ in HR professional education and will create pathways for young Sri Lankan HR professionals to explore opportunities that demand globally recognised higher qualifications.
Students will fulfill the coursework requirement of the MA-HRM Degree (120 Credits) by pursuing 8 modules of study as prescribed by the University of Northampton.
On completion of the 8 modules, students are entitled to receive the Pearson Edexcel Assured Executive Diploma in HRM, a Level 7 - Post Graduate Qualification as proof of successful completion of the coursework stage of MA-HRM Degree.
Stage 1 : COURSEWORK STAGE - (120 CREDITS)
Stage2 : RESEARCH STAGE - (60 CREDITS)
MODULES OF STUDY:
Stage 1: COURSEWORK STAGE (120 CREDITS)
Module 1: HR Management in Context
Module 2: Leading, Managing and Developing People
Module 3: Developing Skills for Business Leadership
Module 4: Investigating a Business Issue from an HR Perspective
Module 5: Resourcing and Talent Management
Module 6: Reward Management
Module 7: Learning and Talent Development
Module 8: Knowledge Management and Organizational Learning
Stage 2: RESEARCH STAGE OF THE MA – HRM FROM UNIVERSITY OF NORTHAMPTON, UK (60 CREDITS)
Click here : Download the course brochure for module descriptions.
• A Bachelor's Degree / Professional Qualification OR
• EDEXCEL BTEC HND Level 5 OR
• Edexcel Assured Managerial Diploma (HRMI) OR
• PQHRM (IPM) OR Advanced Diploma in HRM (NIBM) OR equivalent OR
• 5 years experience in HR Managerial / Executive Capacity
• 10 years as a Commissioned Officer in SL Army / Navy / Air Force / Police
SPECIAL RECRUITMENT CRITERIA:
Individuals who possess significant experience, qualifications or achievements but do not hold the above entry requirements may be considered for enrolment. Senior Military or Government Officials may apply under this category. Please speak to the Director - HRMI on 071 2724425 for further clarifications.
- Mr. Gihan Talgodapitiya, MBA (NUS), FCMA (UK). Internationally reputed Corporate Trainer, retained by over 300 companies in the Asian Region. Director of HRMI.
- Mr. Rajitha P. Silva, MBA (CSU-Australia), BBA (Colombo), Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Management & Finance, University of Colombo.
- Mr. Gamini Nanda Gunawardana, BSc Eng (Hons), MBA (Col), C Eng; F.I.E. (SL), MBCS (UK), Consultant - HRD - Goodhope Asia Holdings.
- Ms. Deshika Rodrigo, MBA (AIB-Australia), BA (Hons) (Washington), ACIB (UK), Head of HR, Standard Chartered Bank.
- Mr. Bennett Patternott, MBA (Edith Cowan), MBA (Columbia), BCom (SJ) Head of HR, Carson Cumberbatch PLC
- Ms. Gayani de Alwis, MBA (PIM), MSc (Reading), former Director, Customer Care & Supply Chain at Unilever.
- Col. Raj Vijayasiri (rtd), MBM (KDU), Masters in Def. Studies (USA), former Group Training Manager at Hemas Group.
- Mr. Yukthi Gunasekera, Juris Doctor, (Minnesota Law School, USA), PGD (CIM-UK), BA, former Head of Corporate Communications at John Keells Holdings.
- Dr. Prabath Karunanayake, MBBS (Colombo), MBA (Colombo), Management Consultant.
- Mr. Rohan Pandithakorralage, BBM (Victoria), Director & Head of HR, Aitken Spence Group.
- Mr. Isuru Tillakawardana, LLB (Colombo), MBA (PIM), Chief HR Officer, Commercial Bank.
- Ms. Roshanie Jayasundera-Moraes, MBA (PIM), Executive Vice President - John Keells Holdings.
• Weekend Batch: Every Saturday: 8.45 am to 1.30 pm | COMMENCEMENT : Saturday, 15th July 2017
• Distance Supported Learning: On Request
DURATION : 18 Months
Registration Fees: Rs. 12,500/-
• Year 1: Rs. 160,000 OR
• Rs. 60,000 X 3 installments. - 1st Instalment : at start , Balance; due at the beginning of 3rd & 5th month
• Year 2: Rs. 400,000 (£ 1,800*) payable in 8 installments. * Directly Payable to University. Subject to change.
For information on course contents : Click here: Download MA-HRM Course Brochure
Click here: Application Form